January 25, 2012
Bullfrog Power, a green energy supplier, asked that question of its customers last month, and they answered in droves: from individuals to huge companies like Walmart; from non-profits to large municipalities; and more.
And what kinds of things are they pledging?
- “To reduce household trash to one bag per person per year”
- “To join a co-operative, to buy used goods and to ‘free-cycle’ what I don’t need”
- “To buy carbon offsets for all our air travel” (from a musical group)
- “To eliminate single-use boxes on most orders and save 76,000 boxes”
- “To be 100% supplied by renewable energy, and a zero-waste company” (from Walmart!!)
That’s just the start. Read more – and be inspired, as I was – at Bullfrog’s website. Then plan your 2012 environmental story!